Welcome to the Counselor's Corner
Thank you for visiting the Counselor's Corner. During this time of temporary school closure due to Covid-19, I will add resources that families may find useful. I will also to post some Social/Emotional tools that families can use with their students.
If there are any questions or other needs you may have, you can contact me via email or phone.
firstname.lastname@example.org (509) 573-7744
Come join our Student Hang Time!
- Every Wednesday at 2:00 via Zoom.
- ALL are welcome- a fun time to see each other and check in to see how everyone is doing!
- If you need the Zoom code, feel free to contact me or your teacher!
(All articles from Child Mind are available in Spanish)
- Article: How Mindfulness can Help During Covid-19
- Article: Anxiety and Coping with the Coronavirus
- Article: Self-Care in the Time of Coronavirus
- Social and Emotional Learning Activities for Families, A resource from OSPI with several activities to do at home as a family, with an emphasis on social and emotional learning. https://www.k12.wa.us/sites/default/files/public/studentsupport/sel/pubdocs/SEL%20Parent%20and%20Educator%20Activities.pdf
- Child Mind, Great resources and articles related to supporting children, teens, and ourselves through this crisis: https://childmind.org/coping-during-covid-19-resources-for-parents/
- Crisis Management Institute, Great resource specifically for parents in navigating the stress and uneasiness brought on by Covid-19. https://parents.cmionline.com/
- Washington 2-1-1, this site can help find a wide range of community resources such as healthcare, food, shelter, transportation, rent assistance, etc.: Dial 2-1-1 or visit the website: https://wa211.org/
- All local food banks are operating at normal hours & days. Locations, hours and other information can be found below.
Ideas on how to support your student during the Coronavirus and a sample daily schedule
Celebrate Earth Day! Below is an activity choice board with a variety of activities you can do to improve our planet!